Saskatoon to Costa Rica | $399 roundtrip including taxes | other Central American countries for $20 more
United Airlines has just drastically dropped the price on a ton of their flights from Saskatoon to countries in Central America, including Costa Rica, Belize, Panama, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, and Nicaragua.
The date range with the cheaper flights appears to be between September and early December 2015.
When to go?
November and December are usually solid choices for Central America, steering clear of the rainy season. Even late October is likely a good choice.
How to find and book these flights
1. Start with a search on Google Flights
^^ Not to be confused with Google Flights Explore. They're not showing up on Google Flights Explore ... yet.
2. In Google Flights, search for a flight from Saskatoon to one of the following destinations:
(prices are roundtrip, including taxes, in Canadian dollars)
San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) $399
Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) $401
Guatemala City (GUA) $411
San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL) $416
Belize City, Belize (BZE) $419
Roatan, Honduras (RTB) $420
San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) C$420
Tegucigalpa, Honduras (TGU) C$420
Panama City, Panama (PTY) $423
Managua, Nicaragua (MGA) $433
3. After entering your destination, click on the 'More' link in the menu bar. Move the 'Duration' slider over to 'Under 16h 00m'. This means that Google Flights will only display flights with 16 hours of travel time (including stopovers) or less.
Flights from Saskatoon to Central America often have multiple stops, and it can be difficult to find fast flights, so this will help with that.
4. Next, hit the little bar graph icon...
This will open up the calendar display mode. It makes it way easier to browse date combinations.
In the calendar, hit the right arrow button to move the calendar over to around October & November.
5. Now, near the bottom, adjust the length of the trip you're looking for. This will automatically adjust all of the available prices showing in the calendar view. 10 days is usually about right for a trip to Central America.
^^^ The prices shown here are in Canadian dollars.
6. When you see a price you like, click on it. The rest is pretty straight-forward. Keep clicking until you get to the page with the 'Book with United' button.
When you click on the price ($399 in this case), it will take you to the United website to complete your booking.
If you do not see a booking button on your search result, you may want to take the same destinations and dates that you found, and try plugging them into Kayak. Or try plugging them in directly at www.United.ca
If you have any troubles booking on United.com with a Canadian credit card, I would suggest taking the same dates and destination that you found on Google Flights, and trying your search manually over at www.united.ca - which may work better.
Open Jaws (flying into one city, and out of another)
You may be able to find similar fares flying into one of the cities listed above, and out of another.
example: into Belize City (BZE) and out of Panama City (PTY).
For live discussion of this deal, or to get some amazing travel advice (to anywhere) from 5,573 real travelers in Saskatoon, join us in the YXE Deals Facebook Group
Hit Like if you like this deal! Click Share to show your friends on Facebook.
People That Liked This Page Also Liked:
|You may also want to check out pages that were tagged with:|
Be The First To Know About The Next Amazing Deal!Head to the YXE Deals Alerts Page where you can choose to be notified by e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, or RSS Feed the moment an amazing travel deal from Saskatoon is found.
Setting up alerts allows you to be one of the first to see a new deal, before it sells out.
And don't worry, alerts are only sent when it's truly an amazing deal.